Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 4-Ten Working Days Until Cat Containment

 Progress.

We decided the gaping hole of wonder on the other end of the porch and just start framing to get something done.

Willy called out numbers and I cut boards; then he put them in. The only problem we had was figuring out why the header 2x4 in the top photo was so twisted. It would barely budge, even with extra nails and screws. The 4x6 it was connected to registered as level... we eventually figured that the center post is offset slightly, and the 4x6 is slightly banana-shaped rather than straight.

The corner of the roof closest to the street ended up getting raised slightly more than we anticipated, but I figure that can only help the gutters drain!

There will be no windows on the wall facing the camera besides the sliding glass doors. I hope to make the long side of the porch the home theater area, with the projector, speakers, and screen overhead where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment