Monday, June 29, 2009

werk mitosis

I finally seem to have gotten back in the groove with housework, as much as a groove that I can have with my random schedule. I have lost multiple lists of things to do. The cats keep reniging on their promises to vacuum. I don't want to start anything large for fear of the task sitting around half-finished, silently mocking me as I arrive home late from work.

One "easy" thing always seems to lead to another. The latest project should have been a simple replacement for my 4x4 porch support post. It turned out that the bottom of the post was completely rotted out, and had some ant condos inside. The rhododendron roots had made their way under the green outdoor carpet, so I started to dig out the entire area with my shiny new mattock. I soon found that the porch had buried pavers along the edges. This in turn led me to start digging a path around the edge of my house; I have been thinking of making a sidewalk out of all the house stones I found buried on the OTHER side.

Some time later...

I had to pound a 2x6 board with a sledge to prop up the right side of the porch enough to get the post in. After that, I kept digging. Found a legbone-not human as far as I know-my friend's dog was chewing on it yesterday.

Speaking of that friend, he is going to be working on my workshop roof this week if all goes well. There is a nice-sized hole around the wood stove chimney, and some nice termite damage all around the area. I removed the conversation-generating pitchfork and roll of tarpaper that have been up there since before I moved in.

This patch job will eventually lead to me getting a metal roof later in the year (money permitting). The shingles and metal are all on the new tax-deductible list for energy saving products. Hopefully this will help me out next April; I will make more money than I ever have this year!

Back to rehearsal.

theOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills
theOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebillstheOTpaysthebills








1 comment:

  1. I love metal roofs. (doesn't seem right to spell it like that instead of rooves, but my spell check says it's right, and one does not argue with spell check this early in the morning)

    Cats never keep their housework promises, unless they promise to barf up hairballs.

    ReplyDelete